Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, November 26, 2021

Pending free agent JC Jackson shares his thoughts on the Patriots - 98.5 The Sports Hub

Week 12 last season, the Patriots were under .500 and many fans were already thinking ahead to the offseason. That’s not the case this year. With the team squarely in attention, there hasn’t been much talk about what kind of changes we’ll see this spring.

That being said, there are some big names that could move this offseason – none bigger than cornerback J.C. Jackson. After being tendered as an RFA last year, Jackson is set to become an unrestricted free agent in March. On Friday, Jackson was asked about his thoughts on his future, and if he’d be open to remaining in New England.

“I love playing for the New England Patriots – playing under Coach Belichick,” he told reporters. “I have grown as a football player since I’ve been here. I would say I’ve learned the game. I love it here, man. This is a place that brought me in gave me a chance from Day 1. I would love to be a New England Patriot for a long time.”

With a potentially market-setting deal facing him if and when he does hit the market, Jackson is doing is best to not think ahead. “I just don’t know. Like, there’s nothing I can really do but just keep doing what I’m doing. Whatever happens, happens,” he said. “I try not to think about that right now. My main focus this week is Tennessee, and that’s it. The contract – everything else is going to take care of itself.”

“I’m a football player, I’m not an agent,” he continued. “So when it comes to negotiating contracts I’ll leave that up to my agent. I’ll let them deal with that stuff and I’ll just focus on football. That’s how I look at it. That’s how I control the situation.”

So far this season, Jackson has six interceptions and a league-high 14 pass breakups. He’s had 23 interceptions in his three-plus years with the Patriots, with a career high of nine in 2020.

MORE: The Titans will be shorthanded on Sunday

Alex Barth is a writer and digital producer for 985TheSportsHub.com. Any opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of 98.5 The Sports Hub, Beasley Media Group, or any subsidiaries. Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Looking for a podcast guest? Let him know on Twitter @RealAlexBarth or via email at abarth@985TheSportsHub.com.

Adblock test (Why?)


Pending free agent JC Jackson shares his thoughts on the Patriots - 98.5 The Sports Hub
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 NFL Free Agency: 6 pending free agents on defense who deserve to get paid | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics - Pro Football Focus

• The consistently elite Chris Jones is primed for a big payday: While ranking behind Aaron Donald for most of his career, Jones has be...